Saturday 24 November 2012

Angle of angles

From the Camera Angle Shots lecture by Mr. Hardip Singh

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. Every stroke a story, every detail a meaning, and every dot a purpose. So yea this is basically a blog post on a few angles though my eyes...

What do you think about this picture?


My lecturer told us in class that when shooting a scene like this one should leave some space in front of the runner so that it won't look like he'll "HIT" that imaginary wall of emptiness in the front. (Well not to argue with my lecturer cause he DOES have a point from the view he has on the picture... Now this is my view >.<) I basically think that picture without the space in front of the runner has a meaning by itself... and how I deciphered it was easy... To me this a picture of accomplishment. Its a picture of a runner who has finished the long race and he is headed toward an END. While looking at the picture it was so natural for me to focus on that "space" behind the runner and see the story of that particular space. That space behind him signifies how far he had come, the distance he conquered, the legacy left behind. And then still preserving he is heading on to the FINISH line. (That apparent blank space) 


Now what do you think about this picture?


If you thought the word "beginning" the I say you thought right.. To every end there was always a beginning, and to every beginning a dream of an end. (For elaboration sake I'll explain :P) as what we (or should I say I?) observed just now the meaning of the space in the picture and how it is the major part of the story that is told in the picture. This picture, it shows us/me a race that is YET to be ran, it brings us the picture of a runner, young, eager, impatient.... hmmm lets make it more close-to-heart a TEENAGER young, eager, impatient to live his life. We see him in high spirits moving ever forward to experience the life he has in front of him.

Now take a look at the final picture


You'll probably be able to guess by now (I guess :P) This is the sad part when you are in the middle of life running, but the end does not seem near and the the beginning seems far.. You have been running and you've lost track of the importance of why you are running. Everything just feels like another load of burden and you and you've lost the joy of living life.... Don't worry, though the race is still long. Don't give up, because your reward will be great. Don't say "it's enough!!, because at the end you will wish you had given more..

So just to summarize things... I really hope you all have understood the message I was trying to get across... (IF you didn't you can go flush your head down the toilet bowl... hahaha no just kidding :P ) Well basically what I'm trying to say here is EVERY ANGLE has its meaning, though it may not "LOOK" nice but, look deeper cause there will always be a story to tell when you discover it.

And DO NOT give in because at the end of your race your reward will definitely be GREAT :)








No comments:

Post a Comment