Thursday 29 November 2012

The book of all Trades

From the Magazine lecture by Mr. Hardip Singh

Picked up a magazine lately? Tell me what you see... models, gadgets, articles, reviews, horoscopes, advice columns and so on!! No wonder its such a joy to read a magazine :)

   Though its sad to say I'm not much of a magazine fan... (wait wait wait!!) BUT when I reached the age of 10, I begin reading this Malay magazine which was translated version of some weekly manga(s) (japanese cartoon) Hahaha I know I shared this in class but lets hear the full story kays? ;)



   Well truth to be told is I already had a love for japanese animation since I was about 5 years old.. I remember watching stuff like Slam Dunk, Ayashi No Ceres, Samurai X, Rave and many others more on TV. Then came the dark ages when my TV went to the Lord and my siblings and I were stranded with no entertainment outlet... Internet didn't come to us till I was like 14 years old and so in between that gap of 4 years from when I was 10 to 14, my brothers and I found.... KREKO!!



   This magazine was like "the holy book" during those dark ages. I can still recall how my brothers and I would race to be the first person to get the latest issue (sibling rivalry as usual :P) and the one who got it first would be the spoiler and tell what happen in the latest chapters to other and we'd have a "I'll tear that damn thing when he's not looking" moment.



   Though that "holy book" was the cause of the many wars that happened, the one thing it had encouraged me to do was to pick up manga styled drawing :) Yup you read right! I USED to be that anime chick who'd draw made-up characters on the back of my exam papers to pass time... ( I have no idea why do they still give us 2 hours and 30 mins for Bahasa Melayu paper =.=) 


   I'm not much of an artist and since its been a LONG while since I have the leisure time of drawing it was really one of the best periods of my life being so engrossed in the world where dreams came true ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment